I hope that this image travels the world …
“While newspapers and television talk about the lives of celebrities, the chief of the Kayapo tribe received the worst news of his life: Dilma, “The new president of Brazil, has given approval to build a huge hydroelectric plant (the third largest in the world). It is the death sentence for all the people near the river because the dam will flood 400,000 hectares of forest. More than 40,000 Indians will have to find another place to live. The natural habitat destruction, deforestation and the disappearance of many species is a fact.”
What moves me in my very bowels , making me ashamed of being part of Western culture, is the reaction of the chief of the Kayapo community when he learned of the decision—his gesture of dignity and helplessness before the advance of capitalist progress, modern predatory civilization that does not respect the differences …
But we know that a picture is worth a thousand words, showing the reality of the true price of our bourgeois “quality of life”.
400,000 hectares gone, forever, in the name of “progress”.
Debaters trying to play video games
I think we’re failing to understand this game’s true potential.
1. If he doesn’t answer, don’t keep sending texts. If he wanted to talk to you, he would’ve responded.
2. People will make time for you when they care about you. If he says he’s too busy or constantly cancels his plans, he doesn’t care. People fight for you when they care.
3. Don’t let him touch you on the first date. If he tries, he’s not there for the same reasons you are.
4. You can tell a lot about a person by their favorite book.
5. If he can stomach more than ten straight shots without feeling a thing, he drinks too much.
6. Ask the uncomfortable things. When was the last time he was so high he couldn’t speak? What does he regret the most? Does he drink to remember or to forget?
7. Don’t send pictures unless you want to. If he has to talk you into it, don’t do it. If you hesitate, don’t do it. If you do take a picture, don’t include your face. Keep yourself safe.
8. If you can’t laugh when you’re having sex with him, maybe you aren’t sleeping with the right person. Sex isn’t about tricks and tips and routines.
9. If he hurts you, cut him out. He’s gone, he isn’t coming back, and you don’t need to prolong the pain.
10. Don’t be afraid to open up again. I promise not everyone will love you with a knife behind their back.
Dating all the way back to at least the 17th century, there has been evidence of key guns used by jailers. The keys were filled with gun powder to create a primitive gun that could be detonated if there was any trouble when opening a cell door.
people say dolphins are smart but there not smart enough to not be Shity grey rubber tubes flappin about in the gotdamn ocean
congratulations! you are the piss lord of shit mountain. thank u for hefting turds down the mountainside so that we, the proles, may feast on your bounteous craps
For example, Aristotle differentiates between three genres of speaking:
◗ Forensic speaking, as in a courtroom, where a speaker needs to convince a judge or jury that a certain claim is true or untrue;
◗ Deliberative speaking, as in a legislature or any decision-making setting, where a speaker is persuading others to make a certain decision or take a course of action; and
◗ Epideictic or ceremonial speaking, where the speaker is praising, blaming, or otherwise appealing to common values.
The Speaker’s Handbook
THIS IS IT FOLKS
THIS IS WHY WE’RE CALLED FORENSICS
CAUSE WE PROVE SHIT
Ahh yes, The dreaded school. When it comes around we all dread, new teachers, new schedule, some new unfamiliar faces, the MASSIVE amount of homework load, less time on tumblr. Here is another long post with a few sites and others to help you out here!
High school needs:
Mental health resources:
- Remember that today’s day in age is different from how it was back then. So don’t stress about school too much.High school students today have the anxiety of what a mental patient in the insane asylum had in the 50s. Here’s also a thing to show how times have changed.
- Prioritize. List what needs to get done first and when. Sometimes getting the bigger/harder tasks is easier than conquering the smaller/easier tasks.
- Set times when certain projects need to be done and stick to that deadline.
- Turn your phone off or give it to your parents while doing work/studying. I know that we live in the age of technology and literally everything is at the touch of our fingertips. Honestly though you can wait on what your favorite celebrity has to say or if your crush liked your instagram photo. You’ll be more involved in that than you are into your work.
- If you have trouble in a certain subject and there is no assigned seating, take advantage of the front. I guarantee you’ll learn more.
- Ask your teacher what exactly you’ll need to know. If you’re taking notes during the year, write in the margins whether or not it will be tested. It will be easier to know what you will be tested on.
- Save your exams. Half the time your teachers use the same questions (or questions similar) from your exams on your midterms or finals.
- Don’t try to do homework straight afterschool if you can’t, despite what everyone says. Give yourself an hour, and try to get some exercise in. I find it stops me getting bored of sitting down. Not to mention helps me concentrate better.
- Don’t just read the material, write it, draw it, recite it, quiz yourself on it! Until you have the material down.
- Join clubs, sports, or organizations! You’re guaranteed to find friends in there. You’ll already have common interests. Start with that and go with the flow.
- College kids: If you don’t have assigned seating, and you have been sitting in the same seat for 2 weeks. That is you assigned seat now. Don’t move or you’ll screw everyone up and they will hate you.
- Color code things, such as your notes.
If you want to see how I color code my notes message me and I’ll be happy to show you.
- Be kind to one another.
I think that about does it. So yeah:)
The finale of Toy Story 3 when Baby Doll tosses Lotso into the trash is a reference to The Emperor’s fate at the hands of his henchman, Darth Vader, at the end of Star Wars: Episode VI - The Return of the Jedi. Toy Story and Toy Story 2 have similar homages to the Star Wars films; in Toy Story, Sid menacingly asks Woody “where are your Rebel friends now?”, as Grand Moff Tarkin had in Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope while Buzz suggests that Emperor Zurg has begun construction on a space station with enough power to destroy an entire planet and has only one weakness. In Toy Story 3, Emperor Zurg confesses he is Buzz Lightyear’s father, similar to Darth Vader’s admission to Luke Skywalker in Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back.
These are not mine but I wanted to bring them together!
I would read a novel about these two.
SO YOU’RE A LAWYER
Yes have you met my friends Harvey Specter and Jeff Winger? Get the three of us together and we will burn this mother down.